NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bird cruelty in Portugal

Empress

I am on holiday in Portugal where my man is from, and we went to a fair. We where there last year as well, but i did not notice any grey´s back than. This time on the other hand we seen three pet stand, In two of them, they had grey´s. In one, the grey was in a single cage, not too small for a grey, but for comfort it could have been bigger. They said, the bird was two years old, and would have sold it to us cheap as he did not speak and was a bit wild as well. He was´not engaging or anything, but was shaking of fear. The fair is very loud and there where soooo many people! In the third stand I was outraged! They had a gorgeous two and a half month old baby Gray, with hand rearing food stuck to his chin-dried, His feathers haven't even been formed yet properly, and was hungry. He was trying to get us feed him, and was sooo eager to get our attention, that my heart was broken. But this did not caused me being outraged. Him being in a small cage with 3 other birds did. Two of them same size as the baby and the third just a tad smaller. There was no space for the baby to do anything, but cry for help, and although was still too small to talk at all, it was very vocal, and eager to get attention and care. Not screaming, but rather crying, and trying to be sweet. I had the feeling he longed for attention and of course food. I think i will get back there tomorrow and get some pictures of it. I was devastated to leave a pretty little -filthy and thorn- baby there, but i could not take him. Please if anybody lives in Viseo in Portugal or knows anyone here, who could get this sweet baby a good home, go to the fair, and rescue him!