NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

questions @ Grey bathing

Hawaiisheila

Hi There! Well, I bathe my Coco twice a week. Yes, you should bathe them - The way Coco has her bath, is I run about half an inch of water into the bath and let her do her thing - the opening of the wings over the water, and basically dipping her beak into the water and shaking it everywhere! Also - She showers with me sometimes! I have a stand in my shower - I make sure the water is not hot and just about warm - so that she won't get burnt - This is a majorly FUN activity!!! B)

sounds like a great idea....I've got a sunconure that loves the shower perch, and the fridge water dispenser, My CAG comes home Sunday from the breeders, and I'm hoping she will enjoy the shower just as much as my sunconure... give your bird some time to adjust...i took Sammy into the bathroom on his gym, then after a few days brought him into the shower with me on my head, then put him on the shower perch but back from the head of the shower so the water would splash from me to him, slowly i moved his perch closer and closer and now hes actually so close he can either stand under the shower spray or just get splashed at the end of the perch. its so funny, even he laughs.

Coco23, welcome here on the forum :)

That's sooo cool, having you Grey taking a shower with you. I'm surprised at the things I'm learning each day when grey-owners share their experiences -

thank you B)

Guest Monique

Hi!! I give my birds a shower each day with a water bottle spraying it above their head so it "rains" on them - never at them. I also have a shower perch. And I know you can buy misters but I never have ... they'll give a lot finer spray and you can even get ones on timers that will spray for X amount of time once or twice a day.