NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Place to recycle old stuff

SweetFX

---Not sure if allowed to post about this site, I hope so---

Not sure if anyone has heard of the this site called: Freecycle.org

http://www.freecycle.org/group/US/?noautodetect=1

IT IS GREAT

Since I can't clean or do much of anything lately. I decided to have a garage sale...well I had a ton of stuff left over and no way to get rid of the stuff cuz I live in the middle of no where. A customer told me about this site of only LOCAL yahoo members who give and take stuff for FREE. You must give away 1 item before you can have all the free stuff you want. AND who wants your free stuff MUST come and pick it up from you.

I have giving away 20 big boxes of my junk that needed to go anyway but I could not get it to the thrift store. AND it got me cleaning closets and just getting rid of stuff. I feel sooooo much lighter now.

My daughter even gave away toys to a group of foster kids up north. She feels great and it worldwide.

If anything...check it out.

The is a perfectly good post sweetfx. :-)

That is a great way to get rid of and also find stuff you may need. Many people advertise on Craigs list also in areas all across the USA. They give lots of stuff away fro free also with the only requirement being to come and haul it off yourself.

In the more metropolitan areas where money flows abundantly, you will actually find brand new furniture, wide screen TVs etc. that people purchased, didn't like and just want it out of their house. I must say though, to actually get one of these great finds, you must be monitoring the list constantly and get there in just an hour or less or it will already be gone. :-)

Wish I lived in a metropolitan area where the money flows abundantly so I could pick up some of those electronic things that other people throw away but sadly that is not the case here in the country, out in the middle of almost nowhere.:huh: Oh well it has it's other perks, thats for sure.;) B)