NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Where to buy sandblasted wood pieces?

arik

I've always been a do it yourselfer, and since I have a couple months before I'll be able to get my Timneh home I figured I'd build a few treestands in the meantime. Problem is, despite finding tons of sites that sell already made treestands, I'm not finding a lot of places that sell pieces individually. Does anyone have any ideas where to look?

Manzanita is extremely expensive. Only the commercial playstand manufactorers use it and the price is very high. If you have a backyard, cut some branches of different thicknesses and soak them in water for about 2 hrs. Then, peel off the bark. The wood underneath the bark is very hard. After peeling, put the pieces in an oven for about 15 to 20 minutes to completely dry them off and to kill anything that might still remain. Put them where you like. I've been doing it for years

Has anyone heard of dragon wood?

Also what do you think about just going out and finding a "SAFE" tree and cutting a branch off,cleaning it and drying it? Has anyone tried this? My husband thinks, its just the best idea, but I'm worried of funus and bugs. Any ideas?