NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Word of warning!

casper

My husband rang me at work this morning and told me that he had a bit of a problem with my eldest grey Charlie. My heart was in my mouth and I was worried and thought he was ill!

My stupid husband not thinking had given Charlie a cat ball I only let them play with WHEN SUPERVISED! Its one of those with a bell in the middle, he had given him it in his cage because he said he was noisy when he was making a phone call. Anyway no the worst didnt happen but the bell got stuck on his beak!:ohmy:

They wouldnt let me leave work so I was worried all morning until I got back, I know this is serious but Ive got to admit, I know how serious this could have been but he did look a bit funny with the bell stuck on the end!

Just towelled him for the first time and managed to get the bell off.

He is fine now, just a couple of scratches on his beak and a bit of a sulk going on, the balls are in the bin and the husband is under strict orders not to give him anything like that again!

Husband in a sulk as well;)

Caroline.

Caroline, I'm sorry but I had to laugh at that situation, how funny is that to have happen, imagine that, a bell stuck on his beak, you should have taken a pic but I know you were more concerned with just getting it off. Glad to hear that all turned out well for Charlie.:P

Oh dear! That could actually have been quite serious if he had swallowed the bell:ohmy:

But stuck on the end of his beak it must have looked quite funny. I'd say Charlie was going mad trying to get it off:P When do you think hubby will be allowed move back in out of the doghouse?

Mmmmm, could maybe milk this one for a bit! What do you think girls?

His pride and joy is his bike! Mine are my birds, think its pay back time!

Wish I knew how to get the tyres off, that would be funny when he goes in the garage to swoon over his fast bike!:laugh:

LOL Casper, I could not help but laugh. I am postive it freaked you out at first in trying to figure out how to get it off. :ohmy: :laugh:

Those bells in the cat type toy balls are too large for a Grey to swallow. Dayo plays with one constantly and loves it. He did get his beak stuck in a Coke can the other day though. It was very funny and he got it off himself with a little can bashing and foot work. :P

One thing to remember, birds know what is edible and not. If they are playing with something or shredding something, they are not swallowing the pieces or it whole, unless by accident.

Your husband messed up. I would have yanked that ball off the beak and just been sitting there with a smirk on my as if nothing ever happened. ;-)

danmcq wrote:

Your husband messed up. I would have yanked that ball off the beak and just been sitting there with a smirk on my as if nothing ever happened. ;-)

I must confess that's what I would have done too :) But not until AFTER I had taken a couple of photos:laugh:

Lol - poor bugger! He must have been so irritated!

I think we all have made silly mistakes like that at least once!

Zahzu had one of those balls with a bell in it, however it was a large one about the size of a baseball...anyway, she loved it, however she broke it a little, and next thing I knew she got her foot caught in it - I was so freaked out! Managed to get her foot out, and threw it straight into the bin! ;-)

-Sameera

Poor Charlie- no more cat ball toys for him! You have to watch jingle bells, and greys just love to get themselves into a mess don't they? I say you do milk it for all it is worth Caroline, make him take you out to dinner this weekend and do something around the house you've been wanting done. Maybe sabotaging the bike isn't a good plan...he'll just want revenge back on you again and start an endless cycle of getting even... nah, I say a good candlelight dinner with a nice bottle of wine is in your future!

That is funny! LOL

Though I'm sorry you had to go through so much stress... Klaus did this once, too. I think it was a piece to a pen or something. I can't even remember what it was. He was bobbing and weaving, and I was desperately trying to get it off, and finally I nabbed it. I didn't think to towel him, though - that was good thinking!