NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I'm back after leaving Tobie for 9 days

Janfromboone

My husband and I went scuba diving in Bonaire and just returned. The last day before leaving I decided I didn't want to leave, but of course at that point I had to go. I had visions of Tobie with all of his feathers plucked out, or lying dead in his cage when I returned. Every time I added a last minute item to my suitcase Tobie would say "What's that for?". Tobie was definitely aware of my anxious state of mind. He used one of my expressions of frustration -- "OOOOH WELLL!!!"-- and I've never heard him say that before. He's heard me say that if I can't find my car keys or my glasses etc. Well I'm back and Tobie is just fine. I'll try to share a picture of our trip. IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

Welcome back! Sounds like you had fun! We took a vacation the first part of July. We were gone for 2 weeks. I was so stressed about leaving Alex. I knew he would be fine. But it didn't make it any easier to leave him. He stayed with my oldest daughter and her partner. I cryed when we left her appartment. I ended up calling every night for the first week. :whistle:

thanks for your response. No I've never been to the great barrier reef. Australia in general and especially the diving would be a dream vacation for me. How wonderful to snorkle it. I assume you also got to see the kangaroos and other unique australian animals. We've only been to various islands in the carribean. Bonaire is our favorite and we've been there several times. Tried to send another picture but couldn't sorry. Jan

Post edited by: Janfromboone, at: 2008/09/06 02:23<br><br>Post edited by: Janfromboone, at: 2008/09/06 02:24

Know what you mean about the stress of leaving them. I have dogs too, but they are used to us leaving. Or at least I thought so. Tobie learned to whine like a crying dog while we were gone. It's his favorite sound now. I guess the dogs cried all day while we were gone. What can you do. Jan