NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi Everyone!

Hello from Texas! I am new to the forum. I am the proud parront of a CAG and Quaker.

I hand raised both birds 9 years ago. After 5 years, I got pregnant, had a high risk pregnancy where I was on bed rest, and went through a bad divorce so they went to live with my grandmother (experienced TAG parront) in another city until I got through this difficult time in my life. It was hard to let them go because we were so bonded, but I knew that I couldn't begin to give them what they needed at that time. I have been able to keep up a partial relationship with them by visiting her, and she has brought them with her at times when visitng me.

We have decided that it is time for them to come home. I wouldn't move them again but it is getting difficult for my grandmother to care for them with recent health problems.

I am excited for them to come home! I have missed them. I am anxious at the same time. I know that my grandmother cared for them differently than I did, and I wonder what kind of adjustment period they will have, and will they remember me the same way as before?

Reading this forum has helped me remain confident that our bond, if broken now, can be established again with time and patience.

I look forward to being a member of this group, and hope that I can contribute to its positive message.

Thanks!

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to the grey forum. I am sure you are delighted to be getting your birds back, particularly since you had had them from when they were babies. I am sure the relationship they have with you will be different than it was before, but with patience you will be able to improve it to where they love you again;)

I look forward to lots of pictures and stories about your grey and your quaker.:)

Siobhan

Welcome Stephanie!!!

It sounds like your life is getting back on track and your feathered children are returning to the nest too. It sounds like you have been able to continue a distant relationship with your birds and that will help immensely in the process of them becoming accustomed to their new home and flock.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :-)

Hello Stephanie and welcome to the family, so glad you have decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your Cag and your quaker, lets not leave him out either.

I am sorry to hear of your life's difficulties but some of us are handed some big ones but you are through it now and you are ready to bring your flock back into your life.

Oh yes if you maintained some contact with them during the time your grandma had them, they will remember you, they don't forget that easy.

The relationship may be slightly different but with time and patience they will come around again, why they may not require much to at least bring them closer to you, give them lots of love and attention and how could they resist.

You may find some answers and helpful suggestions in our many threads so read thru them at your leisure and do ask any and all questions and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of your birds you would like to share with us we would love to see them.

BTW, what are the names of your birds?

My CAG is named "Echo" and my Quaker is named "Damnit". My now ex-husband named him beause he was resistant to getting a bird (but fell in love with him at first sight, picked him, etc) He's going to have to be renamed since I don't want my 4 year old saying that...any suggestions?