NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Digging

LabRat00

Hi, congradulations on your new grey:) I'm sure you are thrilled. I think I read something about greys like to dig and it's not unusual. From what I read they didn't know why they do it they just do. My grey goes to the bottom of the cage and does this too from time to time. I think he is just looking for "treats" that he has dropped earlier in the day.

Please tell us more about your new bundle of joy and post a few pictures when you get the time. What's his or her name?

There are many qualified grey owners on here that are very willing to help so if you ever have any questions this is the place. Glad to have you.

Thank you all for answering my question so quickly and putting me at ease. I guess I just want to make sure that she is happy as can be. I'm not sure what we are going to name her yet. I really like the name Zahara, but am worried that it is too difficult for her to learn. Anyone have any suggestions on names?

Hello Labrat and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new grey.

A lot of younger greys will dig at the paper and my grey, Josey still does it from time to time and she is a little over 2 years old now, I don't worry about it, I think it is more of an attention getter.

If you haven't named her yet then what are you calling her? I wouldn't worry about her being able to repeat her name, you would be surprised what they can manage to say.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of her you would like to share with us we would love to see her.

Welcome Labrat!!

I can assure you, Zahara or any other name you decide on, will not be too difficult for your new Grey. You will be shocked at the intellectual abilities of these Greys.

If you think the digging was a different behaviour and concern for you. Just wait until all the other things you are not expecting start occurring!! :-)

It's great having you here and looking forward to hearing more and seeing some photos.