NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Would you like to take care of birds for a living?

spookyhurst

I got an email saying that The Oasis bird sanctuary is looking for more 2 new staff members. Take a look:

The Oasis Sanctuary is looking for two new staff members to join The Oasis Team. Do you want to work at a Sanctuary? Has it been your goal to learn ll you can about the birds and their care? Are you interested in hard work and life in the country?

If this sounds interesting, please read the ad below. I would love to her from you!

Sybil

520-212-4737

The Oasis Has Employment for a Two Persons

Who can share living accommodations…

Are you the people we are looking for?

The Oasis Sanctuary currently seeks two hard working, bird and animal dedicated persons to work full-time at the Sanctuary.

We are looking for either a couple or two friends who feel comfortable sharing a nice three bedroom single-wide on the Sanctuary's property.

The Sanctuary is located in the unincorporated community of Cascabel, a very rural location in south eastern Arizona, 40 minutes from the closest town or schools. We are 26 miles north of the town of Benson Arizona.

The Oasis will provide a modest salary, housing with most utilities, and a medical plan after 90 days.

We promise you the hardest job you will ever love.

Job description:

ANIMAL CAREGIVER….Feed birds, wash dishes, clean cages.

Candidates must be able to work full time 40+ hours a week with dedicated team of professional staff members.

Candidates must be able to do bending, kneeling, sweeping, raking and able to lift 40-50 pound feed sacks.

Additional skills which are beneficial but not essential: mechanical or maintenance skills, fence building, electrical or plumbing, vet-tech expertise.

The Oasis will train the right candidates for these jobs.

Pets are, of course, invited, although birds must all be tested to the Sanctuary's standards before coming on site.

--

Sybil Erden, Executive Director

The Oasis Sanctuary

www.the-oasis.org

520-212-4737

You can also do a working vacation at The Oasis :). I'd do it if I were in better health.

Dear Friends of The Oasis...

We can ALWAYS use volunteer help....with projects or with bird care giving. Interested? We have a wonderful little guest-house set in the woods with futon and blow-up mattress, shower, micro-wave, toaster over, fridge and freezer. We ask folks to come for a week or more but we can be flexible within reason.

Interested in one or both???

Call me....

Syb

--

Sybil Erden, Executive Director

The Oasis Sanctuary

www.the-oasis.org

520-212-4737

BMustee wrote:

I'll meet you their Tracy!

That would be a really cool job, but being almost an hour away from town...that's a little too far off the beaten path for this girl. What if their was an emergency or something...thats a little far from a hospital.:laugh:

People on staff have vet care training. That could probably carry over a bit for a human medical emergency ;). I live in the NW Phoenix area, so Nikko and I could come down and visit you and Tracy some time :laugh:.

There's a story on their website ( http://www.the-oasis.org/articles/2005_fire.php ) about how a fire came very close to the Oasis. They had to pack up 400 some birds in the middle of the night to evacuate, although in the end, the fire was put out before they actually left. It's an interesting (and scary) read. Being out in the middle of nowhere definitely has a few disadvantages.<br><br>Post edited by: spookyhurst, at: 2008/09/07 23:38