NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

15 week old grey, why wont he stop screeching?

keito

hi! i have purchased my first african grey 4 weeks ago, he has been fine but lately he is screeching none stop. he was trying to say words a couple weeks ago but now he just screeches, we get him out for 2-3 hours every night and he still screeches when we bring him out. when we are in the room he does it but when we arent in the same room as him he is fine?

Hi Keito

Welcome to the forum. There is lots of information here to help you with your new grey, particularly in The Nursery Room.

Here is a thread about a grey with a similar problem to yours which may answer some of your questions.

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/african-grey/88966-help-screeching-new-cag.html

Why don't you introduce yourself and your grey in the welcome room?

Siobhan

Welcome Keito!!

Your Grey is still very young at 15 weeks old. I can only assume you brought him home when he was 11 weeks from the information you posted.

They do screech and cheep quite a bit when young and in need of something like, attention, food etc. They will also do so if something is frightening them.

You will really need to pay attention to the cause and effect principal here. When does he do it, what is he near, what quiets him etc. These will lead you to the cause and what he wants. :-)

Looking forward to hearing more from you.