NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

odd noise

jimmycoop2005

I have had to work like crazy here lately and haven't had much time with Cosmo. My parents have been spending a lot of time with him however, so don't worry he is getting attention. When I came home tonight I was holding him and petting him before we both went to bed (usual routine) but he was making a weird noise like a muffled cough he did it a couple of times in a row. He quit but did it a couple more times, he was acting 100% normal. The noise is odd though, I guess he could have picked it up somewhere, but just kind of worries me. My parents said he was acting like he usually does tonight. Think I should worry?<br><br>Post edited by: jimmycoop2005, at: 2008/08/29 06:53

A grey does that when it's being affectionate or reacting to someone being affectionate to him/her. It's a grey's version of kissing.It's also a way that a grey will signal you for attention when you're very close to it's cage. Nothing to worry about. Goes on all the time into adulthood.

The baby pant or similar noise you have described is rarely heard, except by the most loved one of the Grey. I love that sound and only hear it now when Dayo see's Kim after being gone all day or when something frightened him that he needed comforting from.

As always, Dave hit the nail right on the head. :-)

Joey like to make a "boof boof" noise at us when we're sitting on the couch and she's on the playstand, it's usually followed by her coming to the edge of the playstand and acting like she's going to fly off, which is her telling me I'd better come get her or she's gonna fly off. :P She also likes to make a little "whooo" hooting noise. :) I"m seriously thinking about taping her noises to share on the forums :)