NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

any suggestions for a screeching grey

Hawaiisheila

My Grey is quiet most of the day while I am at work and in the evening and will whistle a little but nothing major. Although every monring at around 6 am he starts this whistling sequence, sounds like a call and then squacks loud and then he will stop, then again for a few times. I love the sound personally but I have a neighbor who complained to me and I dont want to upset the neighborhood and I will move before I let my grey go.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I thought maybe I can take him outside and for a walk first thing in the morning so as not to make too much noise (i live in an apartment)

Also does anyone know if greys are known to make a lot of noise...i thought they were somewhat quiet.

Thanks

Guest Monique

Usually quiet and loud are in the eyes of the beholder :). Greys are very quiet compared to other birds. For instance, a Mollucan Cockatoo will yell so loud it can damage your hearing!!!

You could definitely try to vary his activity to try to avoid the morning noise. Maybe you could even take him out and put him on a play stand and he wouldn't make as much noise that early ... or something like that.

Definitely they won't hear you if you're on a walk with him! :)

Goood luck!!!