NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Keeping the house fresh

BlueCounty

When you first got your bird, did you find it was hard to keep your house smelling fresh?

I know the old saying is, just open your windows and doors and this wont be a problem when he's in his cage but I do like my house smelling nice?

Is there any products out there to freshen the house that are Parrot friendly??

I've never noticed a difference in smell. But then we have cats, a dog, a snake (OMG does it smell when she poos!) Just remember that birds are VERY sensitive to smells. Sented candles, perfume, air fresheners, ect are a no no. It is really bad for them. All that stuff sets off my migrains so I don't have them in the house anyway.

The only time a bird will smell is when it's wet, even tiny little budgies can absolutely reek when damp.

Other than that, the only odours I've ever had from birds were faint poop and discarded food smells which went away when the cage paper was changed, and some rather weird-smelling pellet mixes (there is this one that comes in a pink bag and STINKS because of the dried fruit in it, it's put Nicky off dried foods for life)

(edit: something in the original sounded as if Nicky smelled of the dried fruit, which he doesn't!)<br><br>Post edited by: darth_mint, at: 2008/08/27 03:42