NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Playgym and cage!

Broomer

I'm so happy about the enthusiasm you have for your baby grey. Loki is going to be the luckiest little birdie in the world the day he gets to go home with you. I love the playstand you made, that is really great! I'd like to see pictures once it is done and want to know what Loki thinks of it too. Nice job! And, don't worry about spoiling him, that's what birds are for, and there are a few spoiled birds on this forum I know for sure!

If you want to save money on toys, we have found several good toys for ponti at wal-mart and other big-box retailers. The lady at a bird farm near us suggested it...you just go and buy baby toys! They're made of non-toxic plastic, and if you use a little common sense picking out the toys, and buy them with an eye for what can come apart when they chew it up, etcetera, you can give them a lot of fun on the cheap!

I'll have to post some pictures of ponti's toybox and which ones were original baby toys.

Well, it's done! :cheer: :laugh: :)

Take a look! B)

FinishedGymandBoing.jpg

still needs a tiny bit of Vetwrap, and i'll eventually replace the white vetwrap with a colorful one. But so far, it'll do :D

(The boing will come down before he comes home, incase he doesnt have the best balance at first. We'll have it out so he can see it.)<br><br>Post edited by: Broomer, at: 2008/08/29 01:08

Thanks everyone! :)

Matt, I concidered making them to sell for about as long as it took my hands to start throbbing again lol

It cost me about $175 to put together completely (minus any toys) and the longest thing was actually cleaning all the pipes (they were grimey :sick:) or waiting for the fittings to come in which was about 2 weeks. I already have another order of fittings set up on the website I used, for when I'm ready to make some other stuff.

Talon, been thinking that myself. As of right now we have the Boing about 5 feet away from the playstand on another ceiling hook .. figured we'd let him see it, then introduce him to it when we see him hanging upside down for the first time. :laugh:

Dan, if you wanna come over, we're in Canada :lol: