NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Aloe Vera

Carolyn

Just wondering if I could get some help, have noticed several mentions of aloe to spray on the Greys. I went to the health food store to-day and found 100% aloe that you mix into a drink, aloe gel, aloe cream. I am not sure what to buy or what the uses or advantages are.

Could you please advise me:(

Carolyn & Mika

Its the 100% aloe vera juice you are looking for without the bits. I just decant it into a spray bottle and use it neat after a shower to spray their feathers. It makes them nice and soft, and helps to keep them in good condition, less itchy and less likely to pluck.

I get mine at Walmart...it's with the constipation stuff!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't use the gels because they have some not-so-natural stuff in them. If your grey ever gets a booboo you can break a shoot off a aloe plant and us the goo inside to rub on the spot. You can get aloe plants at any plant store...for pretty cheap too.

Jesse wrote:

I have also read, that when people have lost their african greys. That if there is a Aloe Vera plant around that you will probably find them there. That is where they usually go.

Jesse - I am not sure if you intended this to be a joke or not. But, it is hilarious!!

{Feel-good-0002006E}

I dont know about the spray but Raz LOVED my aloe plant. I would walk in the room and he would be sitting there with aloe all over his face. I always get the accusatory "WHAT?!" from him when I walk into those situations. It was fine that he ate my aloe, until he completely mowed it down one day and killed it. Now that I am thinking about it, I should go get him another.:laugh:<br><br>Post edited by: Missa818, at: 2008/08/24 15:35

Hi,

I live in the UK and the only place I get aloe juice is from a health food shop (Holland and Barratt). On the bottle it says 100% aloe juice (I think its for digestive purposes) but on the bottle it has other preservatives and I wanted to make sure they are safe for my CAG.

Potassium sorbate

Sodium Benzoate

Citric Acid

Ascorbic Acid

Thanks

Nims

• 9 months later...