NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Nesha & C.J

nesha

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and also a new african grey owner. My CAG, C.J is 8 months old. I just got him in March and I have never owned a parrot before, only small birds such as love birds. I've always loved birds and ever since I've had C.J I've loved every minute of it:woohoo: everyday is a learning experience for me and I spend A LOT OF TIME on the internet researching all I can about CAG's. You guys seem to have lots of knowledge and any info you can share is very much welcomed! C.J is well behaved, he doesnt bite or scream and is very friendly with vistors and even my very busy 8 year daughter, who's always bothering him :evil: he doesnt talk yet nor does he imitate anything in the house yet, such as the telephone or a squeaking door, but he makes the strangest grumbling/muffled noises and at times he sounds as though he's laughing, which I do a lot :laugh: he's especially noisey when im not in the room or directly in front of him. Im looking foward to a having a very good relationship with him!

Hello Nesha and welcome to the family, so glad you found us and we look forward to hearing more about you and CJ.

Sounds like you have found the love of your life and he is a lucky grey to have you.

He has plenty of time yet to talk and he probably will, only a few don't but I'm sure you will love him regardless if he doesn't say a word.

If you are looking for grey info look no further for we have a wealth of information in our many threads, just take some time to read thru them at your leisure. Ask questions and we will help you in any way we can.

I assume that is CJ in your avatar, if you have any other pics of him you would like to share with us we would love to see them.

Welcome Nesha, I joined a month ago after getting an adult grey. This is the place to be. Everyone is wonderful here and if you ever have a question they are all here to help and guide us. It's like a big family. My grey is older (12 years) and he talks and mimicks but he also has his own language that your bird seems to know:woohoo: . The grumbling muffled words. He laughs like a mad man too. I can't get enough of him. Glad you joined up.

Hi Nesha,

Welcome to the forum. We are glad you found us. The mumbling you hear is probably CJ practising talking. It isnt uncommon for a grey to start talking on or around their first birthday so he is still young yet.

I hope you enjoy it here.

Siobhan