NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Lily Doesn't Like The Floor

Quickdood

Hello,

My 4 month old CAG Lily can't stand to be on the floor. Whenever I sit down on the floor and place here on it she tries to get back to me. She will first offer me her leg to step up and then if that doesn't work she starts trying to climb on my legs. It seems like she is only happy when she is on a perch and doesn't like her feet flat on any surface. Has anyone else had this problem and is there anyway I can change this?

Thanks,

Greg

Greys in the wild would forage on the floor for food,but they also roost at the highest point where they feel safe.She may find the flat surface strange unded her feet.If you want her to play on the floor with you,make some foraging toys with her favourite treats in,place some toys on the floor,even sit on the floor on your own play with her toys,show her how much fun your having the temptation to join in may just get the better of her ;)

Tracy gave good advice.

Birds are not comfortable at the lowest point where predators can devour them. They always feel threaten unless trained otherwise as Tracy indicated.

Our Grey would play on the floor when young and we were also on the floor with him. Now, he has no desire to be lower than the counter tops. I would suspect this is due to the large Dobermans that are ground dwellers. ;-)

My eldest grey Charlie has never liked to go on the floor. The youngest is 6 months and he will just fly down and play with my feet;)

I suppose they are all so different and you will get to know what your greys likes and dislikes are.