NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Flight suit problems

Janfromboone

Well I guess I'll have to toss the flight suits. Over the summer I have had Tobie wearing flight suits, although he has a conservative wing clip. We go for rides in the car and walk around the yard and even go for walks around the lakes around Boone (he even went to Walmart with me once). He never has stopped picking at the straps and front of the suit and in the process he breaks feathers off in that area. I kept expecting him to get used to it. I replaced and lengthened the straps thinking that as he grew he needed more room. He doesn't pick if we are actually moving, driving or walking, but if things get quiet, and we sit down, he picks. Anyone else have this experience. Do you think they tolerate an aviator harness better? I'll miss the poop pouch.

You may have more luck with the Aviator harness mainly because the straps aren't as tight against the bird's body. He may still chew the straps, but hopefully he won't touch his feathers while doing so. Also, the straps are really strong and can take a lot of chewing.

Thanks for your response. I took him out in the car today without the flight suit- only 20' or so to get from the door to the car, but I was really squirrly about doing even that, although he's very used to being out and doesn't try to leave my shoulder. I'll try the aviator harness.

You will love the aviator! That is what I have for Alex and am getting for Martini. Alex does chew on it a bit when we are just riding in the car but if we are moving he doesn't bother it. I have never seen a problem with his feathers. It's a great company! It comes with a dvd and if something happens to it they will replace it. :D