NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I need a cage expert

Pchela

So, this cage is for sale. I can get it for $200 off of Craigslist. But I can't identify it. The lady doesn't know the measurements. She sent a picture and it looks like it says Avian Adventures on the upper tray but it doesn't look like any Avian Adventures cage that I can find online. It's a mystery! Anybody recognize it?

Its really hard to make out cage detail from the photo. I do not see anywhere indicating "Avain Adventures" from the picture and cannot see the food bowls, doors, hinge mechanisms, locking mechanisms, top etc etc or get a good feel for the size. It could be an Avian Adventures cage (I have one) but I cannot say for sure. The construction at the top in the picture is not the same as the top of my cage, but of course this is not conclusive due to different models, years of production etc. I will say that overall I am happy with Avain Adventures product. Fairly well built and the door locking mechanisms/access to multiple food bowls is well designed. They are on the more pricey side (my Mediana playtop was just under $500 US shipped) but if you look at that over 10-20 years or more its really not much of an investment. Personally I would buy new and not worry about saving a few hundred bucks unless you know what you are getting and are sure of the condition. Of course we all have different situations, resources etc.

Best of luck on your decision...keep us posted! ;)

Thanks for the input dblhelix. You can't see in the photo because I had to shrink it to post it but it says Avian Adventures in the upper right hand corner. If it is, it must be an older model no longer made or something... I can't find it online anywhere. This would actually be a replacement cage for my Senegal as his is too small. I guess I'll just have to go look at it in person.