NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What to do when there is construction in the house

Janfromboone

I'm unsure what would be best in this situation. My husband and I are going scuba diving for a week. Usually we just leave Tobie in the cage and my sister and neice come over to feed him. As luck would have it the bathroom remodlers are all landing in three days before we leave and literally ripping out sheet rock and flooring etc. then rebuilding the bathroom. This will happen on the same floor and 30 feet from Tobies cage. My choices are to put Tobie in the computer room downstairs where he spends some time with me watching bird videos and is comforable. He'll still hear some muffled construction sounds. Or take him to my sisters house. He knows her and my neice but not their yappy dogs and house. What do you think. :(couch_play_2.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Janfromboone, at: 2008/08/18 02:56

couch_play_2.jpg

Our kitchen is being remodeled right now. Nikko's gym is right next to it. When it gets really loud, I bring her to our bedroom. Even though we can still hear the racket, she just tucks up a foot and goes to sleep. However, she is a TAG, and people say they are more adaptable. How does Tobie react when he's put in new situations or hears a loud noise? Does he handle it well, or does he freak out?

I had some work done on my kitchen which is next to the room the birds are in and they were absolutely fine. But it was only woodwork. Once there is no chance of the dust from the work getting into Tobies room I would leave him where he is comfortable. Or consider the study. I would be a bit reluctant to bring him to a strange house, with dogs as this would upset him more;)

I think that you should just put him in the computer room for the time the work men are there to put him into a whole new enviroment 3 days before you go away for a week will be way to much stress for him to deal with he needs to be around his flock even if its in a different room he knows that room and is comfortable there. I think he would feel totally abandoned if you took him to your sisters and then left for a week right after that.

I agree with Pat on this.

With your bathroom being completely remodeled, the noise will be least of concerns. There will be a lot of Sheetrock rock dust, fumes from the plaster/spackling/paint etc. which could be harmful to your Grey.

In the computer room, I would suspect you can close the door and open a window if fumes start becoming a concern.

The noise, well I had some construction done on my home around March. The only thing the noise did, was give Dayo a new one.... A NAIL GUN.....BANG....BANG....BANG, perfectly mimicked I might add :pinch: