NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Oatmeal for breakfast

Raiderbabe

Hey Everyone! I am trying to get Malibu's feeding schedule down to a science haha. I read a lot of you feed oatmeal in the mornings. I really don't have alot of time in the mornings before work and I do plan to get up a little earlier. What kind of oatmeal do you buy? Can you buy the packs of oatmeal that you just microwave. And what kind does it have to be? THanks

I use the packets, and cook only half of it. I use the other half the next day. I also use water, sometimes maybe a little milk. But no sugar. They love it! I don't feed it every day. But every day they get 12 grain bread with peanut butter on it cut up into small squares that they can hold and eat.

I also use cream of wheat, they like that too!

mine like all kinds I buy the variaty pack they love apple and cinnimon thats their fav I try to give them differnt thind for breakfast sometimes eggs or french toast on multi grain bread oran omlette with a variaty of differnt veggies init like redpeppers and chopped broccoli with a little cheese sometimes if i have left over cooked yams i will mash them up and mix it in with the eggs as well and some morming they just get a bowl of fruit with a peice of multi grain toast with peanut butter it doesn't matter as long as they get something healthy to start their day

I make my own mash. I will have to post the resipe later. It takes a few hours to do it all. But at the end it is worth it. I have a base then split it up to add different stuff to it. Then it is packaged and frozen. It's nice becase Alex and Martini get a warm meal first thing and it is really easy. No more than 5 minutes and both birds are happyly eatting breakfest. They get to help with whatever the rest of us are having too if they want.

Klaus will eat any kind of oatmeal.

He just loves it!

I use the packets and prepare it with water, in the microwave, no milk.

Sometimes I will offer warmed baby food with it (such as carrots or squash).

This helps me to sneak some good nutrition into him.