NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Need help finding a cage

TheGreyMiester

I need help finding a cage that has the following features under $400.

- Swing out feeders that have locking stainless bowls with backing shield preferred.

- Min 3 feed bowls

- Play Top

- top and bottom seed trays

I have found many cages that have most of these features but the description on most of them do not tell you if the stainless bowls are no-tip lockable or not. It's important that I find a cage that has no-tip bowls.

I found this one but it does not say if the bowls are lockable:

103_349.jpg

Thanks in advance.<br><br>Post edited by: TheGreyMiester, at: 2007/03/25 15:43

GreyMiester? What seems to be the problem? I surfed around and had no problem at all finding the features you ask for. And, when looking at prices they nicely fit the budget you gave. I don't want to advertize because I have no interest in something like that, but something like this for instance seems quite good, no?

1---Timneh cage should at least 28x22 inches

2---Congo cage should be at least 32x26 inches

3---Both greys are very comfortable in larger size.

4---Seed doors that are solid are only available on Stainless Steel cages which start at $699 to $999.

5---all seed bowls, be they stainless steel or unbreakable plastic that are the 'drop in the round holder frame' type can't be lifted out of the frame by a parrot. No bowl lock is necessary. That's the reason they invented 'drop in' frames.

6---Any seed that falls out of a bowl will either drop down to the bottom of the cage or out of the cage down to the 4 walled seed guards that are located at the lower end of the cage.

Below is pic of 2 identical sized cages. Both are 32x 26 inches. Timneh can be seen on his white cage. That will show how much room he has, both inside and outside--Dave

Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/03/25 22:23 Copy_of_Copy_of_Copy_of_P1010057xxxxxx.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/03/25 22:28

Copy_of_Copy_of_Copy_of_P1010057xxxxxx.jpg

Thanks Dave! You answered my main question about the bowls. I was concearned about the stainless bowls being tiped over by the bird. Most every cage I looked at online failed to mention that the bowls can't be tipped over as you have mentioned.

As for the solid feed doors only on stainless cages, I have found them on powder coated cages as well in my price range:

Dimensions: 73'' height, by 40'' length, by 30'' depth

$287

play_top_large_bird_cage.jpg

Congrats on the cage

One thing though.......better check the spacing on that cage. Make sure your grey can't stick his head through the bars. Timnehs have small heads. Smaller heads than Congos. The cage size you picked is the one that's usually picked out for large Cockatoos and medium to large sized macaws.

my opinion is that if you could go down to the next size cage,it would be safer. The next size down would still be huge for a Timneh-------Dave<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/03/26 01:35

You are right, that cage I posted had a 1.22" bar spacing, that would be dangerous!

I found the pefect cage, look at this one, but picture it in black:

Specs:

Square Cage with Playtop Overall Height 67" Ideal for conures, senegals, caiques, congo & timneh greys, amazons, goffins, sulfur crested, other small cockatoos, moluccans, umbrella's and other similarly sized birds. 3 feeder doors and 1 breeder door make this cage easily accessible. 32"x24"x30" OH 67" 3/4" bar spacing

PRICE: $279.99

74185926.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: TheGreyMiester, at: 2007/03/26 01:43

• 2 years later...