NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

HELLO

she

HI I am new to this group but would like to introduce myself and my pets.I am a 44 year old Liverpool girl and am looking forward to talking to some of you. I have two birds, a congo grey called Charlie and a cockatiel called cracker. Charlie came to me five years ago from an elderley couple who could not cope with him. He was about 7 months old when I got him and I can say he has been a fantastic pet, well most of the time. I have lost count of tv remote controles he has killed, he really has a thing for them. Cracker is a grey male cockatiel and a real character. He is now 20 months old and i have had him since he was about 5 weeks old. He was hand reared and I would go to see him a few times a week untill I was told he could come home. I soon realised,after a matter of hours that he still wanted feeding so for the next few weeks I became mum. He is as mad as a hatter.I have an aviery in the garden for them to get some fresh air.They take it in turns to go out as I would not be able to keep cracker away from charlie

Hi, and welcome!

Well, yes - TV remotes are evil and must be killed! LOL

Actually Klaus' thing is buttons - I have to be very careful not to wear anything with buttons (unless I don't care if the buttons go). Buttons are like crack to him.

When Kim and I last visited Loki, he kept going after the zipper on my vest, I don't normaly wear anything with a zipper when I'm home, but I forsee many of Kims fleese sweaters needing new ones once Loki comes home :laugh:

Thankfuly my normal wear are simple t-shirts ... soon to be simple stained t-shirts, but that's ok :laugh:

Hi! Welcome to the forum. I joined last month when I brought my 12 year old grey home. You will love it! There are so many wonderful people to give advice and to just swap stories and chat with. It's a great place to be. Look forward to hearing more about Charlie & Cracker.

Hello She and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Charlie.

A lot of us can sympathize with the destruction of remote controls, phones and laptops, greys can destroy them in no time at all which is why I keep mine out of her reach.

Read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and please do ask any and all questions you may have and we will endeavor to get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

Be sure to share some pictures of your grey if you have any as we love to admire each other’s birds.