NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My AG has problem breathing

pbojan

Hi, to all I’m new here few years ago I bought my AG from a guy that was moving, he already had it for 2-3 years and now he is around 5 years I don’t know exactly. Last winter he had the same problem like now he is breathing heavy, sounds like nares congestion. My vet gave me Enrocin 10% drops but it didn’t help. Can anybody tell me what to do? Is this a big problem? Could it be from the dry air in our apartment at winter time?

Thank you

It's very possible that the dry air combined with a lack of moving air in the apt could cause heavy breathing. He does this in the winter and then he's all right? Investing in a humidifier would be a good idea, not only for your bird but also for you. I have the same problem with dry air. I live in a part of PA that has very high elevation (fortunately, we're moving within 2 yrs) and my area is very dry. We must keep the windows closed all the time because of frigid temps. I have a humidifier in my bird room and I noticed a long time ago that my greys stopped scratching and picking at their very dry skin which all greys have. In the wild, many areas are partially humid which is where they congregate. Humidifiers can be home made or purchased in drug stores or chain outlets like Walmart. They range from $14 to $49. Usually, they have speed and strength settings on them----Dave<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/03/21 19:50