NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hanzy cages

TinyTimneh

well, in the next couple of months i hope to be able to buy the TAG his final cage (i don't plan to move him around after this).

does anyone know anything about the 'Hanzy' cages, they're cheaper than the others available to me (for example, at the petstore nearest me, a cage half if not less the size of the one i'm considering is about a grand once you throw in taxes)

as far as i know, they're like the no-name brand. I am concerned about lead and stuff but i unbeknowingly bought a no-name cage last year (it was also a demo but the Tag's cage was rusting from age and I figured I needed to move him ASAP) once i got it home i noticed some wear and tear and minor defects, but it's pretty solid and not flimsy or anything and from a decorative point of view you wouldn't notice it unless your face was an inch from the cage and you were actively looking for flaws.) i just wanted to see if anyone had any experience or advice on this line of cages.

here's pics of the two i'm considering the corner cage measures 61 inxhes by 48 inches by 73 inxhes tall and the other one measures 42 by 26 by 61, leaning towards the corner cage ( i spologize if the pics don't appear right, never done this before)

I love the look of the corner cage and I am sure it would take up less space. But I wonder how awkward it would be to line the bottom with paper? Would you have to start cutting newspaper to fit? I don't know, just wondering?? If you did it could become annoying when you have done it every day for 30-40 years :P

Yes do... you might be able to put one full sheet in diagonally overlapping the others. Lots of people have them so there must be an easy way to line it. It really is a beautiful cage;).

And the one that divides isnt very practical. A single bird would hardly every use the low bit, and 2 birds could hurt each other through the bars. The play gym on top is cute though:unsure: Oh decisions decisions... I'm glad you have to decide and not me:laugh:

they do look very nice actually and the price is pretty good..I bought my first cage from petcetera it was cheaper but it showed when i put it together..but it works and has lasted so cheaper doesnt always mean crap just little things. The corner one would give you both more space. Ive heard the play tops can be hard to get a bird off if your a shorter person if the step up command isnt perfect. a thing to consider