NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Psittacidal neighbours

darth_mint

Someone in an adjacent apartment to ours is spraying vast amounts of an oil-based aerosol insecticide on a daily basis, and it's getting into our balcony. It was so bad this evening that I actually became briefly nauseated on entering our balcony and smelling it. :sick:

The stuff takes hours to dissipate and is becoming a serious hazard to Nicky. Had to move him into the living room this evening to get him away from the pollution. Poor baby freaked out and can't sleep now. I'm seriously thinking of making a complaint: police, town council, whatever. The volume of insecticide they are using is honestly ridiculous and there is so much I can't even identify which direction it's coming from. Anyone have suggestions?

OH Boy, that is a tough one. Apartment living is a "Communal" environment that always must look out for the "Good of the whole".

You may want to first go to the Apartment Manager or Owner and voice your concerns not only of concern for your Grey's health, but also your own. Dealing with an unknown toxic substance being sprayed that affects your general healthful feeling and your households should raise "Red Flags" to the Management/owner of that complex. They are liable for each tenants living conditions when it falls under a health departments jurisdiction.

If you can determine where it is coming from, first go ask the tenant what they are spraying due to concern for your and your exotic pets health affects.

Perhaps it can be resolved in a one on one fashion. If not then go to management and health department if necessary.