NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

my grey whants to take big chunks of skin from me

Have there been any changes within the household or any changes you have made with routine in your greys life?

Could be hormonal if he is 5 years plus, maybe a bit more information and we could try and help? Caroline:)

Hehe.... hey Den... sounds liek ur one is def giving u a run for ur money....Basically his daughter was preg & at 5mths preg his grey turned on him big time... & ever since has been a bit nippy towards owner who is a male but not females... think that is correct.... anyone can help my pal out - I def can't.... I just hope my boy dont do that when he is older.... i have heard that males get on better with female humans & visa versa is this correct.....xxx

We have moved recently, and we are having to decorate. There for hes in the dinning room for the moment, but he was like this before we moved. Also have bought a caravan, every weekend we are down there so i have to catch him to put him in he's Carrier so he comes with us, when hes down there he a lot better.

Has soon has any one go's near the cage he climbs down to the door and waits to pounce on you also he leads you into a force sense of security he puts hes head down wanting you to stroke him. Then gos for you. I have to seal the doors so he cant escape that's why you have to go into the cage to feed and water him

But as soon as my daughter arrives hes like a puppy dog bobs up and down and regurgitates

Are you able to handle him ? Does he " step up " ? You say you have to catch him ? How do you do this ? If you are having to chase him around this may be having an effect on him.

Moving house & being located in a new room will play a part in his behaviour,he may be feeling insecure in his new environment.He obviously behaves when in your caravan so there is something upsetting him at home ?

He obviously is bonded to your daughter,did your daughter live with you & has since left home ?

Greys can get very terrtorial over their cages,here is a link worth a read,the only section i would disagree with is that your grey needs time out of the cage,regardless if he steps up,leave his food bowls in the cage & he will return when hungry....

http://www3.upatsix.com/liz/articles/territory.html

• 3 weeks later...

hahaha denis looks like ur still having problems.... any joy yet with him......mine atill has not regurgitated yet - how can I again his confidence & trust so he does this...... hope everything is well though apart from that.. I took sensei to that partot plce atthe weekend he love dit he justwanted to climb on all the other cages.... & kiss the other greys... so calm it was untrue.... hope it is like that for when I intriouce the quaker to him... fingers x....x