NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

out in the hot sun

Tycos_mom

I like to put the birds outside for a hour or

so in the nice weather to enjoy and to reap the benifits if I cover half the cage with a towel so they have some shade and make sure they have water to drink do you think that an hour is to long out there in 90 degree weather I worry that they might over heat

I usually take the birds outside early in the day before it gets to hot and I sit right with them so I can watch if the get to hot but I think we will wait until 2 pm by that time of day the sundeck is pretty much completely shaded and I'll give them their bath before I take them out and then the can dry off and be cool at the same time. Tyco is only starting to enjoy her time out side so she only get 15 minutes a day out there she's still a bit to nervous for anything longer.

I agree with extended periods of time yes i think it was a useful link and everyone should be vigilant in keeping an eye on their bird saying this our birds history is from Africa and its hot there..all the time i agree in the wild they would go and bathe or just get cool and ive seen my TAG do what he described and ive misted him and he was fine here in Canada it does get hot hmm trying to do the celcius to fahrenheit and id say for sure this summer its been high 80s and the biggest concern are those that put their birds in windows thats no good. I truly believe outdoor time is very important and what im trying to say is being fearful of taking your bird out period worrying about the heat is wrong as well limiting the time sure i am totally agree