NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

raw veggies

di2008

monty loves his fruits and veggies but only raw:unsure: am i right in thinking that he can all veggies raw apart from potatoes, i have bought a small turnip ans parsnip so just thought id check before trying him with them. thanks in advance

As far as I know any fruits and vegetables except for the potatoes are fine for eating raw so let Monty eat away at those fresh goodies. If I am wrong Tracy will correct me as she is the mod of the bird food room and she will know if any others are to be excluded from the raw list.

I was wondering about the skins. I was told the skin of veggies held the most nutrition even though we as humans peel most. Is it unsafe or just our routine. What about raw potatoes? Is it bad? Thanks. I may have to jusyt copy a complete list of do's and don'ts to keep on the fridge.:unsure:

Its my understanding that potatoes should only be offered cooked, never raw but I don't remember why but other fruits and veggies yes the skins are fine to feed.

There is a complete list of veggies and fruits you can offer to your grey, it is in the bird food room.:)