NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A Little Worried about Harry

Mansley

yesterday afternoon i let my AG out and as usual he did his little flying routine but caught himself on a wall. When he landed on me i noticed a wing feather was sticking out at 90 Degrees.

He seemed less stressed than me about it and didnt mind me touching or pushing the feather which pushed back nearly inline.

Every time he flew after that the feather would move back out and at a really funny angle (90 degrees)i could see he was a lil distressed when flying. but once he was on his play stand he seemed fine.

This morning he came out of his cage flew about the room and what i think was the same feather flew to the floor.

Just wanna be safe than sorry!

lol. Im a first time bird owner so every little thing worrys the life out of me, cant imagine what ill be like when ive had him for 20 or more years. he wants to be more carful :).

Love my greys - you own 4? do they all get along?

You were given the correct information about the feather being out of place, it happens and they usually take care of it so don't sweat it.

Since you are new to birds I would stick to just one at the moment until you have had more experience then you can give some thought to maybe another grey or another parrot entirely.