NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Do It Yourself

Medic3709

Hello everyone. I have looked at several posts about do it yourself playstands. I have a question though, how do you secure your perches, stands, toys, food and water dishes etc.. to each other or to the base of your playstand. Do you use glue? if so what kind is good for a bird? I am looking for anyone willing to share some idea's, tips, or tricks. Thanks.

56 days and counting to pickup.

Wood screws would be the best to use connecting the Main tree trunk itself to the Base and also for all the branches/perches you wish to add.

To mount cups and eyelets for toy hanging, a local hardware store will have all-thread in different lengths that you can drill holes through the perch/branch for mounting the cup. Just note the diameter and thread required for the cups or bowl mounting.

Please ensure you use stainless steel hardware for anything left protruding out of the wood that your Parrot can chew on. Zinc, nickel and galvanized hardware can poison them if they chew on it constantly.

Medic3709 wrote:

56 days and counting to pickup.

I hear ya:lol:

If you are making one out of pvc pipe you can use regular elmer's glue to keep the pieces together, once it dries it is non-toxic.

Whatever you build please share a pic of it when you are done, we want to see it and maybe make one of our own.