NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello! Newest Canadian member! (Torontonian)

Hello to all of you! Just joined and wanted to say helloooo.

My wife (Kim) and I (Bryan) 2 weeks ago adopted ourselves our first pet, we skipped the fur and went right to the feathered. That, of course, being an African Grey. My wife has experience with birds, me? none, but I've been doing endless research hehe.

His (Not DNA tested, so unless he lays an egg in a few years, we'll say "He" hehe) name is Loki and he's still at the breeders, he was born on June 10th. We picked the name after the Norse god of mischief (we're pre-planning the chaos hehe). Loki, in Norse and Celtic mythology was able to change sex and apperance to cause mischief, so it works if ~he~ ends up being a ~she~ hehe.

We just bought a new cage from the breeders as well as we've started buying toys and stuff for his home-coming in September. Me and the wife never really wanted kids, so we did the next best thing ... so we've been warned hehe.<br><br>Post edited by: Broomer, at: 2008/07/20 08:36

Welcome Bryan, Kim and Loki!!!

It's nice when you can go and visit your Grey while a baby at the breeders. The photos are fantastic of him.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Also, to be successful at posting photos, you will need to reduce to a width of 500 pixels. :-)

Hello Bryan and Kim and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Loki.

I like that name Loki and like you say it doesn't matter what sex he is, if he should eventually lay an egg the name suits either sex.

Well you have a kid now whether or not you know it, a perpetual kid for the rest of his life, at least this kid won't grow up and leave home but then he will never provide you with grandchildren either.

Take some time and read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will do our best to find some answers and help you in any way we can.

When you get the chance to get some pictures of your baby Loki would you share some with us as we love to admire the babies, they are so adorable.

Hi Bryan- We're glad you've joined us. I just love the name Loki- that's great and the meaning really fits. I named my TAG Lyric because I wasn't certain of the sex either. I call him a he- just because it's easiest that way and he always seemed like a boy to me. I figured the name would work for either sex but it really isn't important to me. Hope you like the forum.