NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sleeping ?

SweetFX

This seems like a stupid question but I cant find any information on this.

Do Greys only sleep on a perch?

Can a Grey sleep in a happy hut?

My Sun Conure loved his hut to have a good night sleep. It made sense to me to sleep off of his feet. But what about Greys?

Should I cover cage at night? I am getting mixed views on this for Greys. Our cage is pretty big and not sure if I want to cover. We covered our Sun and he really liked being cover.

----Sweet

I cover both my grey and my sun conure, I have done so from day one of owning them. I think they prefer it that way and I have had no problems with it.

Sunny my sun conure does sleep in a happy hut and has for a long time but Josey perches on the top part of her boing. I have never provided her with a hut to see if she would use it but some of the member's greys do use one for sleeping.

Whether or not you cover the cage is entirely up to you, some do and some don't, you decide.:)

We cover the cages of our Grey and Conure. All birds naturally perch while sleeping and their Talon's lock in place and will not release unless the bird mentally commands them to. This way we don't see Birds falling out of trees everywhere at night as the doze off. :-)

I have seen some conures that love those Happy Huts, but mine does not. My Grey, during the day, will sometimes walk into a 12 pack Pepsi carton and take a snooze, but at night, he always perches.

Covering the Cage depends on if the owner wishes too and also if you bird prefers it. Some do and some don't. :-)