NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hello every one

hi my name is Tiffany im 16 years old i work a almost full time job but not quit im going to be gettin an african grey as soon as i have menough money saved so that i dont have to neglect my bird if it needs to go to the vet. their is always some one home at my house and i intend to train my bird Verry well i go to a charter school so if you have any advice for me you can e-mail me. thanks:cheer:

hi tiffany welcome, have you read up on greys they are very time comsuming they need alot of attention and time. there is alot of threads here that have good articles and advice here you might want to read up on them before you decide to get one, just a little friendly advice here, and if you do get one there are people here that would be more then happy to help you out with any questions. good luck.

Hello Tiffany and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey you intend to get.

I hope you have thought this thru thoroughly because you are about to take on a lifetime committment if you get a grey. This bird will take up a chunk of your time every day and there are more expenses than just a vet bill, that is after paying for the bird itself. Theres food, toys, cage, meds and maybe a travel cage to transport the bird to the vet and on outings. Have you done plenty of research on all aspects of owning a grey to be sure this is truly the right thing for you to do at this point in your life?

I am not trying to talk you out of this, just making you aware of just what you are getting into, if you are willing to make the sacrifices to own a grey then more power to you.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful and helpful information that may answer some questions you may have and we will get you some answers and help you in any way we can.

thank you everyone. i have to say iv been reading some of the forums and am very surprised to see how kind everyone is. On most sites if your not as experienced as everyone else you get ignored. So its nice to see people trying to help others. Its a rarity.