NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pellets

Bronxboomer

I've been trying to get my grey to eat pellets since he was a baby and he just won't touch them. Yesterday I went to this big parrot store and was talking to a guy he told me to Buy a bag of Rainbow Exact pellets and mix it in the morning time with a little orange juice enough so the pellets where soaked. He also told me to remove his dish of seeds. Well I tried it and it worked my grey eat up that dish. Now after 2 hours I removed the dished washed it and placed more pellets with out orange juice he hasn’t touched them. I plan to leave him with only pellets in his cage and only at night place some seeds as a back up because I don’t want him to get sick. I feed my grey plenty of veggies and fruits I’m just trying to get him off the seed mix and to eat more pellets. Now I wanted to go with Harrison’s pellets but not sure which one to get there is so many different kinds my grey is 2 years old

Harrison's High Potency Coarse, Power Treats, and Pepper Coarse are always good choices. :)

These are only pellets that my guys will eat (and enjoy).<br><br>Post edited by: M2MM, at: 2008/07/14 03:36

Well if he is eating the Rainbow Exact i personally would stick with that, i know many members feed Harrisons but no all birds like them mine included ! My macaw has the rainbow exact alongside the veggies, fruit etc..I have been sneaking some in for the greys & they have been tempted to nibble on them.The other thing you could try is to go online look the various pellet companies up & see if they offer free samples,this way you could try your grey on the various ones available ;)