NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello

tiamea

What work did you do at the pet shop? Do you have experience hand feeding parrot babies? A responsible breeder will only sell unweaned babies to someone who has a LOT of experience. In addition, you will need to find a local breeder, as most will not ship babies that aren't weaned.

• 1 month later...

Hi yaya and welcome to the forum. If you have no experience in hand feeding as M2MM says you definitely need to get one who has been weaned. I am sorry I can't help you in finding a breeder though as I dont live in America. Please keep us updated on your search:P

Siobhan

Welcome tiamea!!

I am not certain where you live or what you would consider a reasonable price. It does sound like your experience in the store at feeding Parrots would have prepared you to take on an unweaned Grey. But, what age are you looking to take one on at? The early weeks from 1 to 7 require a brooder to keep them at a higher temperature, than afterwards. You would need a brooder for a very young Grey or any other Parrot for that matter.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :-)

Tiamea, I don't know how much experience you have with handfeeding but like the others said you do have to know what you are doing so unless you feel you are qualified to do so I would leave the handfeeding and weaning to people who do know how, the breeders.

I hope you do find another job, maybe another pet store could use your knowledge and skills but as far as doing breeding and raising parrots for profit I don't think most do it for that for it is not a money making business, most do it for the love of parrots.

Why don't you introduce yourself in the welcome room and tell us a little more about you.

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone Thank you for all of your great advice. I never did find a baby African Grey . I did however have a friend who was looking to sell her breeder AG's so I brought them and now the parents are sitting on 2 eggs. I hope that they turn out to be fertile. I'll keep you all posted. Also Sorry I have not been on here for some time . :P