NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Getting closer!

Medic3709

So I just got off the phone with the breeder that we are going to get our little feathered friend from, we had decided to get a Timneh but unfortunatley there are no breeders and no reasonably priced stores in the area. I found a lady about 4 hours away who currently has a clutch of six all of which do not yet have a home and we get to go pick out the one that wants us. She says they will be ready to go about September / October. Now my question for you experienced grey owners. We are finishing the renovations on our house and have decided to make a "bird room" a dedicated room. Now I may sound silly but we decided to paint the walls of the room a lighter gray color similar to that of the bird and I want to pain the trim a maroon color to match the tail color. Is this going overboard? Its just that I heard that sometimes the bird feels more comfortable when it can blend in. My second is, will the sharp contrast of color cause any problems such as frights or feeling like he is in one HUGE flock of greys?

To be honest i have never come across anyone who wanted to paint their interior to colour coordinate with their grey,neither have i heard that greys like to blend in.Is this a room to be soley used by your grey or the family aswell ? I have a bird room which i painted a bright yellow,i wanted to give the room a bright sunny feel to it ;) I dont see your colour choice being a problem.

Congratulations from another TAG owner! :)

It's an interesting idea, but won't grey walls make the room less inviting? I understand you wanting your Grey to blend in, but wouldn't it be better to use a jungle theme instead? Blue ceiling, green/yellow/brown walls?

We live in a log home with a natural/unpainted log interior, and have aritificial fir boughs along the top edges of the walls, and use bright halogen strip lighting to simulate sunlight. One wall is draped with foliage print curtains that our parrotlet's cages are placed against (keeps the walls clean as these little guys are flingers.) Kumiko (TAG) has a window to look out at the backyard and nearby ravine, but it's quite sheltered, so he doesn't feel exposed.

Sorry if it feels like I'm highjacking your topic. Didn't intend to. :blush: