NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Intro

Hello: My name is mark. I'm new to the forum. I found this forum because of problems I am having with my new African Gray. I am kind of new using the computer so I hope I'm using the forum the right way. I posted my question yesterday and have received very helpful responses.I owned a Yellow Nape for 30 years and this past September he died in my arms. It was very traumatic and I swore I would not have another parrot.About a month ago I came across an ad of someone local who was looking for a home for her 2 year old CAG. Rikki is a sweet timid bird, she will have nothing to do with me, but loves my wife. I am looking for solutions for her very loud chatter and mimicking of sounds.It goes on continuously and is nerve wracking. My wife takes care of our 6 month old and she is mentally exhausted. I will find it hard to give up Rikki. I would like to give her a good home. She is very sweet. Thanks you for this forum. Mark

Hi Mark and Welcome. Do I understand that you are looking for someone to adopt your cag? If so, I would be interested. You can pm me, and we'll talk.

Greys are very talkative and mimic sounds all day long. If that bothers you, perhaps you do need to find a permanent home for him. :dry:

Hello Mark and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this grey.

Please don't give up on this grey just yet, give her some time to settle in, it takes a lot of time for a rehomed grey to adjust to a new environment and new people. She may come to even like having you around even though she may prefer your wife.

Be sure to read thru as many of the threads as possible for lots of useful information and do ask questions if you have any and we will do our best to find some answers for you and we will help you in any way we can.

Ifyou have any pictures of Rikki you would like to share with us we would love to see her.