NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Making your Grey Angry!!

Motomazzo

LOL Acapella!! Did you do this just for your Grey to see you do it or do you spritz your face regularly. :P

Greys definitely pick up on our emotional state as Acapella suggests. The first few times I misted Dayo, I became VERY apprehensive due to not wanting to scare him and have him flap around and hurt himself (He didn't) or bite as he did a few times. Dayo could feel my apprehension just walking to our master bedroom for the shower. My Wife kindly did this the next 4 or 5 times until Dayo just mellowed out.

Consistency is the key.

Dayo does not start preening until he is completely dried out. While drying he just sits like a bump on a log waiting for the drying process to finish. :-)

Update, Update!!

I just gave Buggles his second bath in three days. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! He still hates water, but the entire ordeal was like night and day. He didn't even squawk. He jumped around a little....went from one end of the tub to the other and then just found a corner and submitted to the torture...LOL (not really torture). I soaked him to the bone. He's more playful and doesn't even seem angry at me this time. He is sitting on my shoulder as I type this...just as content as can be. I think he feels a little "uncomfortable" being wet, but I don't think he's mad. I think he could have bit through nails after his last bath. I have one small question though. How warm do they need to be while they are drying off? I put him in my office, turned off the ceiling fan, closed the A/C vent to the room, opened the widow to the outside (I live in Texas...it's about 99 degrees F today).....and he is still quivering a little. Do they all shake until they are dry. If I had to guess, I would say this room is easily 85 degrees F or hotter. I figure he's just a little "nervous" being wet?? What are your experiences with this? Thank you!! And I think I've learned consistency is the key!! :)<br><br>Post edited by: Motomazzo, at: 2008/07/05 23:08

They naturally do a little shaking of the breast feathers anyways from time to time so that is not a clue that he is cold from being wet.

Josey does not preen either until she has dried off some, I guess they would rather preen dry feathers opposed to wet.

She doesn't like showers either but she gets them and never holds a grudge either:whistle: knock on wood;)