NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I Miss My Xena

CeasarsDad

She was such a gentle creature. I can remember finding Xena as a tiny baby. We came to find that she was a Cedar Waxwing. I had never seen one before and Xena was a beautiful example.

headshot3.jpg

She had a very simple life. All she ever wanted to do was sit on my shoulder and have me feed her raisins. She would fly around the kitchen watching me. As soon as I opened the cabinet where the raisins were she would make a dash right to my finger.

Xena and Ceasar sort of got along. Ceasar was pretty accepting of Xena until Xena attacked Ceasar and ripped out his tail feathers.

greykiller1-1.jpg

Of course I'm just kidding. Ceasar wanted to "explore" Xena but the size difference between Ceasar and Xena was too great and Xena was very afraid.

One day we were away on a short vacation when we got the call. You see Xena passed away. :( We didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her. That hurts me even to this day. Xena lived a normal life in terms of her years. You see Cedar waxwings only life a couple of years. Xena was 3 when she passed. :(

Here's to you Pretty Xena. I LOVE YOU and always will. You will never be forgotten. I can assure you of that. Of all the Cedar Waxwings out there you were the prettiest. I miss you Xena and I am sorry I wasn't there when you need me most. :(

xena033007.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2008/07/01 02:09

Frank, What a beautiful tribute to Xena. I know how much you loved her, and believe me, she felt your love too.

She couldn't have had a better family to love and spend her life with. Her life was fulfilled because of the love and devotion you showed her.

These are such beautiful pictures of her. I'm happy you have them and glad you shared them with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your story of Xena. She is an absolutely beautiful bird!

I say "is" because my culture believes that we all go on to live in another world when we leave this one behind. I love knowing the my four legged and winged relatives are waiting for me and our reunion. We believe that the wind and the water lends themselves to all those gone and yet to come. Their voices send out their greetings to us in them.

Those are the only words of comfort I know. I hope you find something in them to keep for yourself.