NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ear Feathers....

HeatherStrella

Ahhh the lovely Harrison. It seems her right ear feathers have darkened while her left ear feathers have stayed the same. Is this a maturing thing or?? She could have gotten her morning dose of Red Palm Oil on it I suppose, but it looks more like the feathers there have darkened. Anyone with answers??

Thanks,

Heather

That's just some dirt. Could have gotten it by rubbing against the dusty bars of the cage. Look at the feathers closely. They're stuck together. Take a damp rag and wipe it. Yeah it could have been oil or other dirt that got on the foot and she then scratched at the area which is one of the most common areas that they scratch at.

It's the red palm oil...maybe a little pellet dust...that stuff is multi-colored...no comment on the condition of the bars of the cage ;)

No but seriously, her cage isn't very dusty....we dust every weekend and have an air purifier in there with her. That helps a lot with the dust. Now, you should see the filter on THAT thing!! :sick:

Dayo has very distinctive darker gray side markings on both sides near his ears. I noticed these coming out as he has been moulting. They are not stains.

I will get photos as soon as the batteries are charged for the Camera.

This has peaked my curiosity, as I have noticed these side markings on other Greys photos at times.

I understand Harrison's "Stain" disappeared. :-)

Dayo has molted in new feathers on both sides and they are a shade darker in the ear area.

Here is a photo I just snapped as he tried to eat the Camera:

Dayo_Ear_Shot_Reduced.jpg