NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

talking????

harley280308

harley280308 wrote:

I just talk to him all the time he sqeaks alot when i do and sounds like he is trying to say hello but nothing else yet???

Thats exactly what you do, talk to him in a normal voice about anything and everything, read a book or the newspaper to him, carry on conversations with him, he will pick up what he wants to repeat when he is ready. They usually start mumbling and doing what I call gibberish, they are trying out their sounds and eventually you will hear some words you can understand and then one day all hell breaks loose and they will chatter away or at least most do.

He has plenty of time yet, as you say he is still very young, but be patient and you will be rewarded.:lol:

judygram is right on the money. No one can "make" a bird talk, but you can encourage them by talking to them a lot. CAGs generally will start talking at a year old, TAGs sooner (they mature at different rates.) Patience and good humour are the best "techniques" for getting a bird talking.

Well, considering Harley is only around 14 or 15 weeks old, it will be a while. He will start doing more styles of whistles, chirps and that little adorable panting sound they make as young ones. Then they will finally start to mimic sounds like phones, home alarm chirps from doors and windows etc.

You'll know when he gets close to uttering a word when you hear him mumbling very low in volume. When he starts that, he is calibrating to get it right. :-)

Dayo started mumbling around 11 or 12 months old. Said his first word loud and clear at about 13 months old. Then you can't shut them up. They think they need to tell you everything. :P