NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hmmm...

searching

hey i know there are lots of threads on red factor parrots in here, but im just curious to know if mine is red factor...i just got back home from visiting my baby and you know the softer feathers on the back that you cant see when the bird folds its wings? well, on my grey, there is a red stripe along the edge of each feather on about half of his back. it looks a little like the scalloping on some of the other feathers, only red. he lifted his wings to stretch for a second and i noticed it. its really very nice-looking, very uniform and deliberate-looking, and i didnt see it before, i think it appeared pretty recently. just curious, and it is a fascinating subject to discuss. ill try to get a picture sometime, but i havent got any of the red yet...

he is growing up so fast, he is very beautiful, and i love him so much already!!

thanks guys

You would have to show us a picture for us to know for sure but yes it sounds like the red factor but you do realize that it might be lost when he grows thru the first molt, some do and some don't.

Yes they do grow so fast, it is amazing how quickly they turn from that ugly little naked chick into a beautiful feathered creature.:P

i did read that sometimes it only lasts for a little while, and thats okay. i loved my baby before i saw it, and ill love him just the same if it falls out. :) and he is really young, so theres a good chance it will disappear with his first molt. its just a curiousity, is all. :)

Dayo had some "Red" in odd places also when he was a baby. They have since been molted out and normal colored feathers have grown in place of them.

You just never know, as Judy stated. :-)

Looking forward to seeing those photos when you get them.

• 2 weeks later...