NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

baby's roommates???

searching

my baby grey is being kept with two baby amazons of about the same size and age. my bird lady says that the grey doesnt really like them, they get on his / her nerves a little bit. is my baby just annoyed that they are a bit more vocal and active than he / she is? and will this affect my baby's behavior in the future? i asked my bird lady about it, and she says she isnt too worried, and that my baby has a sweet disposition, and i trust her judgement. (she has some really great birds, ive met them all and theyre so nice. they have their quirks, but theyre all very fun and beautiful and healthy.) i just want to double check and see what you guys think

thanks

crystine

From what I've been told by others that have multiple birds, Greys aren't that keen to be around other birds (New World birds in particular.) They tend to be a little more tolerant of they own kind (but not always) and other "Old World" parrots.

I know my own TAG doesn't like my parrotlets one bit, and would kill them if he could catch them. They are speedy little brats that really p*ss him off some days. :P

Hello Christine,

Greys in the wild only flock with Greys. Amazons, Macaws and Conures inter-mingle in the wild and readily accept the presence of other species.

Greys normally tolerate each other, but in a reserved manner, in most cases, excepting their mate. :-)

thanks so much for the welcome!! (and thanks for cleaning out all those duplicates, fairY.) :)

well, my bird lady moved my baby to another box, so he's not constantly being bugged by the amazons now. she said he was getting really annoyed so she did him a favor. (i still dont know the sex of my baby yet, im just using him out of habit) he's growing up so fast, he's so beautiful, i love him so much. he's just learning how to perch and stand up on stuff thats not flat, and he did a really good job of climbing around on my arm when i visited him today.

thanks again,

crystine