NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hey first post!!

hey guys!! im crystine and i will be getting my first CAG baby in two weeks!! im so excited!!! i havent had a pet in years now, and i never thought i would dare to dream of having one so perfect!! i get to visit my baby while im waiting for it to be weaned, and as soon as i figure out how ill post a picture for you guys.

i love this site so much and i only joined yesterday. so much information and advice!

i should know tomorrow what sex my baby is, its caregiver should have it sexed by now...im so hung up on names even though i know ive got a little while to figure it out, but i cant help it, i just find myself trying out names in my head... :) any suggestions??? lol, ive looked at some of the threads regarding names, but i was wondering if i could get some fresher feedback?

hey i have a question too: my baby CAG is being kept with two baby amazons of around the same age and size. judy (thats the lady im buying my baby from, i call her the bird lady) says that my baby doesnt like the amazons very much, they kindof get on his\her nerves a bit. they are more vocal than s\he is, and a bit more active. is s\he just annoyed that they arent as laid back as s\he is? will that affect his\her behavior in the future? the bird lady says she isnt worried much about it and that s\he has a sweet temperament, and i trust her judgement...(we bought a really great cockatiel pair from her, but thats been years now, we dont have them anymore) i dont mean to be paranoid about it, but im already very attached to my baby and i want the very very best for it...anyone have any advice or comments about that??

thank you so much, im open to everything you guys have to say and i will keep you posted on my babys progress!!<br><br>Post edited by: searching, at: 2008/06/29 05:36

searching wrote:

jeezh, i somehow ended up with like seven first posts and i have no idea how it happened....oh well

so anyway, im crystine and ill have my baby CAG in two weeks. if you visited my other quote-unquote 'first posts', you already know this. lol

i do have a question: if my baby is being kept with two baby amazons and my baby doesnt really like them, will that affect its behavior in the future? because my bird lady says shes not worried and that my baby has a sweet disposition, but im being all paronoid because im already attached and i want the best for my little baby bird...

but im really excited and i would like feedback from you guys about everything i can think of, and i will keep you posted on my babys progress.

Hiya Crystine, welcome to the forum :) I hope you will like it here.

I have deleted the duplicates and copied your last "first post" with one of the previous ones.

I hope this is OK -

Have fun on this site B)

Welcome Crystine!!!

What a nice introduction. It's always good when you can pay visits to your CAG while they are being weaned and get to know them. It really makes the first day in their new home much more relaxed, than if the home and people are are strange to them.

Picking a Name is a very tough decision, if you put a lot of importance and thought into it. I did and am glad. Names are something very personal and everyone has their opinions on which naming convention to use. I chose to use an African name that fit Dayo. Some name theirs based on cartoons, TV shows etc. It all depends on your preferences.

Greys are one of the Parrot species that stick to themselves in the wild. They do not flock with any other species. Amazons and other South American Parrots do flock with each other. You can see this in some of the Videos online regarding Macaws, Amazons and Conures. They assemble first thing in the morning at the "Red Clay" cliffs and consume that clay to absorb any poison they may ingest from the various plants and other items they eat during the day.

I know you must be VERY excited as the final countdown to the day you bring your CAG home rapidly approaches. :-)

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some photos of your new CAG when you get a chance to post them.