NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Welcome

Hello Sunshine and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your grey.

I just assume you have a grey since you have a pic of one in your avatar. What is his/her name? How old is he/she? Do you know the sex? How long have you had him/her? Do you have any other birds? You didn't give us much info so I asked a few questions to get to know you a little better.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will do our best to find you some answers and help you in any way we can.

If you have any other pictures of your grey you would like to share with us we would love to see them.

Thank you all for your Welcome..

Sorry I did not add anymore about myself and my CAG CoCo..

I did write abit in my Profile!!

I got CoCo as a rescue 3 yrs ago..She had had 2 owners already, hence she is a very nervous bird and not totally tame..She is about 11 years old now ..

She has an issue with trust so helping her is a long ardous task..but we love her very much and will do what it takes..

I have always been a bird lover but truthfully never graduated from a Budgie..

I am a Senior and live with my husband in Canada..

I am enjoying reading all of your articles and getting to know you and your 'greys"

Again thanks for having me in your group..

Sunshine

Hello Sunshine,

It is a wonderful thing you did in rescuing Coco. I wish more people would turn to rescues, rather than purchasing a new baby. But, rescuing does take some experience or at least attending classes that most rescues now require along with a "Hotline" to a rescue contact fro assist and help when needed.

It sounds like you have and are doing the research needed to bring Coco along and you have a good grasp of the time and patience principal needed in helping a rescue become the sentient, intelligent and wonderful being they are deep down inside. :-)

I look forward to hearing of Coco's progress, photos and videos when you get time to share them.