NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Help!

Anmlhggr

So, this morning I am eating some mac and cheese and the clever little birdy steals a noodle off my fork! I think I remember reading some where that human saliva can kill a Grey...is this true? The fork had saliva on it..:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I'm Uber stressing out!

:( :( :(

-Amberly

Guest Skuffy

hello ..I had a lill problem this morning,,We Humans make scrambled egg with Milk and butter...Well i do..As Greys are Lactose Intol..Max stole some of mt plate when i went to answer my door...came back and he was gobbling up as much as he cud B4 i got back,,,rang the Vet bc i was kinda worried and he said he will be ok,,His Poo maybe a lill hard later on in the day...:woohoo:

As the day has gone on there's been no change in him ie Bird belly ache and his Poo is fine..

Small amounts are not going to have a big effect on your greys,but if consumed in large quantites it will, Greys are lactose intolerent.This means that they lack the digestive enzyme which is called lactase, which helps digest milk sugar.

Milk sugar is called lactose. Some milk products contain no lactose, and these may be safely fed to birds, such as soya milk ;)

Klaus has managed it all I'm afraid ...

Drank milk straight from my cereal bowl...

Nibbled at things that I'd been eating...

I even unknowingly let him have some Campbell's vegetable soup with me (the salt made for some very interesting droppings, let me tell you).

I know better now and apparently little teeny accidents aren't the end of the world.

Just be diligent, though!