NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Introducing Two Different Species of Birds

prrthead

Hello Everyone,

It will be a little while before I will be able to try or maybe not introduce my caique to my TAG Echo. Echo is still recovering from his visit to "The Vet from Hell":evil: Is it possible for the two of them to be friends or at least tolerate each other without one of them getting hurt? Zoe is 1 1/2 yrs old and Echo just turned one in April of this year. I always feel guilty for not spending enough time with them. Right now Echo and I have been spending alot more time than I am with Zoe. It would be alot easier if I could have both of them out of their cages at the same time.

Please advise!

It may take some time you can do it what I did was clip both birds wings so they couldn't fly to each others cages and then I put them in the same room together with 6 to 8 feet of space between the cages and then I let them both out at the same time and spent time with each of them first with Fergie because I got her first and then with Tyco they now have full flight feathers but they don't fight with each other at all Tyco will go over to visit with Fergie on Fergies cage and she just ignores her but there is never any confrontation between the 2 birds I also have a little cockateil that they have excepted because it is also in the same room with them Fergie will go and hang out on top of the cockateils cage and even with the door open she never trys to hurt it. I think once theey have established who the flock members are they tend to get along okay. Thats just what I did I don't know if it will work for all bird but it has worked for mine

Pat<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2008/06/27 03:22

Hi Pat,

Thank you for sharing. Are both birds grays? And your cockateil is it very active? The reason I'm asking is because my Zoe (caique) is like the energizer rabbit on steroids:lol: He is none stop from the time he raises till bedtime. Echo on the other hand is very meek and mild. Do you still think that will work? Both birds do have their wings clipped aready.

Mary