NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

First 24 hours

akagrif

Sidney (CAG) and Ricco (Amazon) are settling in. They are very well mannered. Both come to our hand easily and are comfortable with us holding them. They were a little dirty when they arrived. I made my husband get up early today to give them a shower. Ricco was VERY happy for that and isn't picking at his feathers constantly like list night. Sidney is a talker. He has several versions of hello and Sidney. He must have been trained with a clicker. When we tell him to "step up" he makes a clucking noise. Ricco says RRRRICCO, or RRRRRI. He says something else but I can't figure out what it is.

The cages were sent through the car wash power washer before they arrived here. They were still caked with poop. Hubby has cleaned them. They act so happy now.

They both love banana, grapes. Tomorrow we're going to work on some greens.

We are so happy with our decision to bring them into the family. My dog is a little out of sorts but he's not allowed in the room.

Looks like you have had an easy time of it with these two new parrots to your household but be forewarned that once they settle in some you might see some different behavior. They are in new surroundings right now and I am sure they carry some baggage with them.

Ricco knew he needed a bath and I just bet he was very happy to finally be clean, the poor thing and how long he had to suffer that way is hard to imagine.

They do not know how lucky they have it yet but they will so be patient and in time they will realize they arein heaven on earth.

I'm sure your dog will get over his out of sorts mood, he has to just get used to the new members of thhe family.

Thanks for updating us and please continue to keep us informed of the progress with them.

I second what Judy has said...expect some baggage behavior after they have settled in. I know for a fact that those birds know they are in a good home now and I'm very happy for you that they didn't give you a hard time.

{Love-000200BF}

Thats great news akagrif. It sounds like you and they are getting along well right out of the starting gates.

The Amazon loves water because they are from the rain forests in Amazon jungles. The minute water starts hitting them the "Rain Dance" normally starts, the feathers all go up, the twirling and stooping begins and the let themselves get soaked to the bone.

Most Parrots from that area love the water and welcome it readily. In fact, they will let you know they want a bath everyday and start screaming or asking for a bath once they get used to they routine and times.

You will find your Grey though, may not appreciate water even getting within 10 feet of him. :-)

Looking forward to hearing more of your newly adopted Parrots and seeing photos too. :-)

:) Thanks for the update,sounds as if things are off to a good start .I hope things continue to go well but if there are little hic cups along the way dont be disappointed,as the others have said, re-homes tend to bring a little baggage with them, but im confident these two guys are going to have a great life with you ;)