NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Another question about Petrie

BBlack19

Just a quick question. My new little guy, Petrie, seems to be doing well but it doesn't seem like he's completely weaned. I mean he is eating on his own but when it's around dinner time and we're all eating, including him, he seems to eat some then want to get on my shoulder and he started opening his beak and making a whining call like he wants someone to feed him. Is that normal?? Also he doesn't seem like he plays with any toys and doesn't want to hang on his cage at all. He just wants to be on my shoulder or with me. I've tried many different toys. Got him used to them and he just seems to want nothing to do with them. He just wants to be with me. Is this normal? Hopefully someone out there's got some advice. Thanks all.

Brian DSC01649.JPG

DSC01649.JPG

BBlack19 wrote:

Just a quick question. My new little guy, Petrie, seems to be doing well but it doesn't seem like he's completely weaned. I mean he is eating on his own but when it's around dinner time and we're all eating, including him, he seems to eat some then want to get on my shoulder and he started opening his beak and making a whining call like he wants someone to feed him. Is that normal?? Also he doesn't seem like he plays with any toys and doesn't want to hang on his cage at all. He just wants to be on my shoulder or with me. I've tried many different toys. Got him used to them and he just seems to want nothing to do with them. He just wants to be with me. Is this normal? Hopefully someone out there's got some advice. Thanks all.

Brian DSC01649.JPG

And what does he do when you're not at home? I mean if you peep around the door and he thinks you're still away...

I wouldn't know what to do or how to get him more self-occupied, I'm afraid. Maybe trying to leave him more often alone in a room so he'll get eventually used to having to play some?